OFF: Re: disturbing e-mail

Lurking Girl tori at PANIX.COM
Mon Oct 21 11:49:10 EDT 1996

Andy C wrote:

> A number of people in the Microcenter have received spam e-mails from an
> account at AOL claiming to be selling child pornography.  If you receive
> this message could you let me know as I am contacting AOL and possibly
> the police to complain about the rather sick perpetrator.

The AOL postmaster stated in news.admin.net-abuse.misc this morning that
the accounts have already been closed, and that they're working with
the appropriate authorities.  (The current theory, I understand, is that
it's a frame-up.)  So don't bother telling 'em, they know. :)

     Victoria C. Fike * tori at panix.com * http://www.panix.com/~tori
LNH: Lurking Girl * SCA: Vika (Ostgardr) * WB: miri * work: vf at panix.com
   "Commit a little mortal sin, it's good for the soul."  -J. Buffett
        Email spam will be returned with a gratis copy of vmunix