HW: Calvert - where to go from here?

Max Wilcox s333271 at STUDENT.UQ.EDU.AU
Fri Sep 6 08:44:47 EDT 1996

Stephen Swann wrote:

> It appears that I've at long last "discovered" Bob Calvert...
>
> I finally bought "Captain Lockheed and the Starfighters", and it's
> been in my CD player constantly for the past 2 weeks.  I particularly
> like such lesser known pieces as "Hero With A Wing" (my favorite song
> on the album), and "Catch a Falling Starfighter".  I also like his
> more thoughtful/introspective versions of the "rock" numbers that
> Hawkwind often covers.
>
> So, with that in mind... what to get next?  _Lucky Leif and the
> Longships_ seems like the obvious choice - is it comparable
> stylistically?  And knowing that this is always a loaded question on
> BOC-L... is it as good?  :-)
>
> Also, what kind of material is on Freq (aren't there 2 versions of
> this)?  And is _Tales from the Atomhenge_ worth getting?
>
> Thanks for any info.
>
> Steve
> swann at panix.com
        YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!! Luck Leif is BLOODY FANTASTIC!!!! (Sorry
about all the exclamation marks[!]). Leif is my faorite at the moment,
though any Calvert material seems to be worth getting. I'm realy looking
forward to the proposed stuuf from the chap that runs the Calvert page
(a CD ROM and video project!). I haven't managed to get hold of Hype and
am looking for it at the mement (so if anyone knows how to order this,
please E-Mail me).
        Anyhoo... yes, as I say, any Calvert is worth getting.
-Max Wilcox