HW: Caution :)

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Wed Sep 18 08:40:56 EDT 1996

>On 17 Sep 96 at 13:01, Andrew Gilham wrote:
>
>> I always recommend In Search of Space, Doremi, and Space Ritual. And after
>> those, I recommend caution :)
>
>Oooohhh ...... that's one I *don't* have ;^)

It's not surprising, "Caution :)" (the emoticon is part of the title) is one
of the least known of all Hawkwind's albums.  I don't think even Bernard has
a copy of it.  It was  recorded during a number of secret recording sessions
througout the mid '80's, with Lemmy guesting on a few tracks.  The project
was done in secret without the knowledge of DS, who promptly shelved the
project and forced Griffin to destroy most of their copies which were about
to ship.  However, due to a mix-up, a few hundred were pressed onto CD's
labeled "Jane's greatest hits", and thus escaped this purge.  Griffin kept a
few that were returned by angry Jane fans, but I don't think any are left.

None of the tracks on this album were ever performed live (I think), since
the band were understandably bitter over the matter.  In fact, they never
speak of it, and often deny involvement in it outright.

Track List:

Precaution - spacy intro
Caution  - great rocking track with real blanga feel.
Emoticon
Danger Will Robinson - lots of samples
Counterstorm
Protoculture
The Eleventh Second of Forever
The High Crusade

========
Andrew A. Apold, aka                        "I was corrupt before I had power!"
Roger Shrubstaff                                 - Random
Baron
Barony of Silverwater
Kingdom of the Burning Lands
http://www.magg.net/~mordru/silver.htm