no more Mountain Grill

Ted Jackson jr. EL 84 TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Thu Sep 19 10:55:45 EDT 1996

> On 17-SEP-1996 13:51:11.7 BOC-L said to HERBERT119
>    >> So maybe we could get Hawkwind to do a John Michel Jarre type of
>    >> act under the Ladbroke Grove underpass and put on a lightshow
>    >> performance that would stop the London traffic on the M-whatever it is
>    >> totally!
>    >That would be highly worthwhile.  I think they should do it :)
>    >At the very least they should get Brock down there busking with an
>    >acoustic and see how many people notice :)
>    >Cheers,
>    >Carl
>
> Okay, it's about time I asked this. (Maybe it's in the dictionary?) What the
> hell does "busking" mean? Everytime I read a Hawkhistory, it says that,
> prior to forming HW, Brock was a busker. From Carl's post, I'm thinking
> maybe someone playing on the streets for change...
>
> An American,
>
> Chuck

Chuck,
I think it might actually be in the dictionary, but your inference is
correct.  A busker is a solo street musician who usually has a hat in
front of him to catch thrown coins.  A bud of mine was a busker in
Montreal and actually survived at it!
theo