no more Mountain Grill

Max Wilcox s333271 at STUDENT.UQ.EDU.AU
Thu Sep 19 00:57:19 EDT 1996

> Chuck,
> I think it might actually be in the dictionary, but your inference is
> correct.  A busker is a solo street musician who usually has a hat in
> front of him to catch thrown coins.  A bud of mine was a busker in
> Montreal and actually survived at it!
> theo
        Actualy, it suprises me that it's not a common term, it seems to be
over here in Australia.
        While I'm here, and on this topic, I must say that busking was a
profitable experience for me the sole time that I tried it. A friend an
I had just stumbled out of a Pub, on a friday night, (in the main part
of town), into "the mall" (as it's known), and we suddenly got the urge
to sing. My friend, threw his hat onto the ground and we began to
drunkenly sing some old favorates (the particular somgs, for some
reason, I can't remember). In the total of about four minutes we were
there, we made about $3 (aust).
        I think there's something in that for all of us - if you're drunk
enough, you can always find money for more alcohol....

-Max Wilcox (sorry this has gone a little off the topic...)