HW: Abducted !

SKARSOL skarsol at EROLS.COM
Mon Sep 23 20:47:05 EDT 1996

Dave Berry wrote:

> Far from being a travesty, that track is a highlight of the album for me.
> Musically and vocally, it's one of the most varied and interesting tracks
> on the album.  I was disappointed that they didn't play it live; I would
> have liked to bounce around to: "I'm... being... beamed... UP!".
>
> Someone wrote that the lyrics were every adolescent's dream.  But what
> makes being "beamed up" any less sensible that being "abducted"?  Are
> the lyrics to "Sputnik Stan" -- or even "Silver Machine" or "Master Of
> The Universe" -- that mature and sensible?  I take them all with a pinch
> of salt, and enjoy them immensely!
>
> Dave.

i dont like beamed up myself,but i agree with what you are saying dave.
i dont like the song,simply because it doesnt click.i am able to set
aside my grasp on reality enuff so that the ridiculous phrasing doesnt
bother me.imo,when you start analyzing hw lyrics,you are asking for
trouble.its all sci-fi/fantasy,which, when ya get right down to it,
is all childish as hell- whether its dr. asimov or dr.suesse.
  ya love it or leave it.me...i refuse to grow up,and ya cant make me.:P
rj