OFF: Gong 25th Birthday (was: Vinyl remasters?)

Yuri Elik uriah at HERMITAGE.RU
Thu Sep 26 15:07:50 EDT 1996

Le Monsieur wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Sep 1996, M Holmes wrote:
> > Peeve: I still don't have a tape of Blake's solo spot from the Gong 25th
> > Anniversary reunion. Apparently he played a kickin' version of NJ there.
>
> That reminds me... the liner notes for Gong's 25th Birthday Party album
> say something to the effect of, "Coming soon:  another live album of the
> rest of the birthday gig, featuring Here & Now, Tim Blake, [whoever else
> was there].  Look for it!"  ...or something like that.
>
> What ever became of this?  Did it ever come out?

Well, I have found a '95 GAS booklet in my place, and in the "Short
Range Plans" department it was written:

25th Birthday Party Too - Various (GAS/Voiceprint 103) Spring 96
The best of all oter bands that appeared at Gong's 25th Birthday Party.
Kevin Ayers, Fluvius, Shortwave, Mothergong, Shapeshifter Gong, Tim
Blake and all.

But I also haven't heard if they have put it out yet. Seems the didn't
do it in spring :)

Yuri