darXtar - Was: Kingston Wall II

Johan Edlundh hawkjoe at EKA.ERICSSON.SE
Thu Sep 26 19:03:48 EDT 1996

At 13:30 1996-09-26 +0100, you wrote:
>> >        Wish I had the money to hop across to Stockholm--that space/psych
>> >CD store they have there (the name of which I have forgotten) might
>> >have a couple left ...
>>
>> Mellotronen?
>> I can check them tomorrow - it's time for a monthly update.
>
>        Tack igen! :)  Yes, Mellotronen, that's the one I was thinking
>of.  I've been scouring Usenet for a copy without much success so far.
>Scott Heller brought me a cassette copy when he visited (thanks again,
>Scott!) but having heard it I really need to find a CD version from
>somewhere.  I could see myself wearing out the cassette in short order ;)

no luck there - the dude smiled and said it was a *quite* a 'hard to get' item.
in despair I bought another Hall of the Mountain Grill LP and Xenon Codex LP
- and finally the DigiPak Love in Space...

>        By the way, any word on what's happening in the DarXtar camp?
>I'll have to check Henri and Sonique's pages ....  Still waiting for
>a UK tour ;) :)

this is the commander's words, stolen and edited without permission:

No news about the HawXtaR (darXtar/Nik Turner 16/12-95) live CD. We're
waiting for a reply from Black Widow regarding the contractual bits and
pieces. The edited video should be ready in October (believe it when you see
it) in one way or another.

DEF records in Australia has begun promotion of Sju, good sales could lead
to a licensing deal with them.

We're looking for a studio where we can cut the initial part of the new
album. Recording will probably begin within a months time. Some work is
going on trying to arrange a series of gigs in Sweden and Finland with
darXtar/Nik Turner and Finnish band Dark Sun. Would be nice if it could be done.

The official SBm sweden homepage is now being constructed. It will inform
you about the company and of the technical side of darXtar's music. Other
services will include merchandising (with direct sales of some ltd stuff,
only on the net) and latest news and we hope to be able to create some sort
of review page with comments on other related acts, both live and albums.
Feel free to contribute, just mail me! Paul will (of course!) continue to
run the official draX site, something we're extremely greatful for!

Check: <www.algonet.se/~darxtar>

And we're looking for sci-fi artists that can help us with the forthcoming
lyric book - is there anyone out there?