BOC's Brush With Hair Bandism

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Thu Apr 17 14:02:12 EDT 1997

>Bottom Line: Who knows how BOC's career would have turned out had they
>approached it differently.  I imagine at times that had they stuck with
>the beginning and matured from there they would have sounded like a mix
>of Black Sabbath and Pink Floyd.  One can only wonder in the long run.

I'll agree with most of that, except to add that it seemed like the first
three albums
were as forced a style as any of the rest, trying to fit the image of being
Columbia's
Black Sabbath.  In part AOF seemed to be that stopping, and probably a lot also
those darn 4-track thingamajigs that meant they could all go out and write songs
on their own instead of together....
Andrew A. Apold (mordru at magg.net), aka                     |
Roger Shrubstaff of the Amtgard Barony of Silverwater|
(Kingdom of the Burning Lands), aka                        |
Asgrim Dragon -=UDIC=-                                     |