BOC's Brush With Hair Bandism

Ted Jackson jr. EL84 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Thu Apr 17 14:28:41 EDT 1997

> From:          "Andrew A. Apold" <mordru at MAGG.NET>

> I'll agree with most of that, except to add that it seemed like the first
> three albums
> were as forced a style as any of the rest, trying to fit the image of being
> Columbia's
> Black Sabbath.  In part AOF seemed to be that stopping, and probably a lot also
> those darn 4-track thingamajigs that meant they could all go out and write songs
> on their own instead of together....
> Andrew A. Apold (mordru at magg.net), aka                     |

Wasn't the approach taken on the first 3 records more a path chosen
by Pearlman/Krugman?  Seems like that's how Al has said it was.  Of
course Columbia would have loved BOC to emulate Sab, at least at
first, but after AOF, BOC far surpassed Sab's commercial appeal.  By
that time, Ozzy had already left, hadn't he?  And from there, Sab
floundered a bit.  Tony and Ronnie never really got along...
theo