BOC's Brush With Hair Bandism

Thu Apr 17 14:50:46 EDT 1997

>>JS>"Eric says that BOC's contributions will be 1 new song, plus 2 of "The Big
>3".

ab> Typical of Eric not to mention the name of the "new one".

Yeah, but my guess is that which tracks will be used has not been
determined.  Kind of strange though that a new one will be released -
I assume BOC retains the rights to this song so that they can later
release it on "The Wheel", whenever that might be.

>PS JS - Loved your list but mentally inserted a smiley at the end.  You
can't be serious about the Prez's doing a BOC cover, can you?

Well, as serious as I can be about a BOC tribute album.  Actually, the
Prez are huge BOC fans -- Albert recently went to one of their shows in
NY (got to hangout backstage I think) and after they did "Kick Out the
Jams", the singer announced that if the audience wanted to hear "the best
f___ing version of that song, go out and buy Blue Oyster Cult's 'Some
Enchanted Evening'", or words to that effect.

I find the Presidents to be kind of fun - simple, often stupid, but
catchy and infectious tunes.  I'm not a big fan, but I've got their
CDs, and they're a nice change of pace.

John