OFF:Has this ever happend to You? -Reply /Summer of Loud

BREVARD Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Mon Apr 28 12:44:31 EDT 1997

>>Has this ever happened to you?  According to a post at the Mindcage
>>Website some poor guy buys a copy of Images and Words by Dream Theater.
>>Opens it up and the cd is painted for DT but when he puts it in the player
>>its actually Pearl Jam.  Poor guy.  Any similar horror stories
>out there?
>

TGM>"A friend of mine bought Queensryche's Operation Mindcrime. When he
>hit play, he was assaulted by the sounds of Richard Marx.
>
>Poor guy. He hasn't been the same since."

Gumby Man, I think thus far you are the hands down winner for horror
stories.  Nothing against Richard Marx but I would have been clobbered
by this too. BTW the prize is a Loudness cd, On The Prowl.  Never too
late to enter folks but it closes May 2.

BTW the Guitar World issue with the Summer Daze article is calling this
concert season the Summer of Loud or some such.  Lots of Heavy
Metal/Cruncher acts out there.  Some hope yet for the future of Rock and
Roll.

Has anybody seen the Rolling Stone top 200 albums list yet?  Local DJ
said that the Rolling Stones lead eveybody by placing six albums in the
list.  Bet no mention of the local hero's of this list.  Shame.