OFF: Re: Moderator/Stale

Daniel Wikdahl mpj95wid at MC.HIK.SE
Thu Aug 7 14:23:03 EDT 1997

Paul Mather wrote:

>I have no filters set, but try and respect those who do so by using
>filter keywords in my own posts.  If some BOC fan has decided not to
>read anything about HW (or vice versa), who am I to tell them their own
>mind and decide what's best for them?

Hmm, I noticed that you've added an "OFF" in the subjectline.
I'm using "OFF" also but this time I didn't think of it 'cos I was
answering another mail and just used the reply button.
The other things you're writing... well, I hope you did see the smileys?!?
...but, of course, not all humour is global even if I would like it to be that
way.
But... I must also say that would never have discovered the Spaceship Hawkwind
if I had used filters. I read almost all the HW mails before I started to
listen to them and I've become interested in the band thanks to BOC-l.

>> ...and I don't like reading opinions like theirs when they could started
>> some "interesting" BOC threads themselves if they really wanted to!
>
>I think we should remember that the "UNKNOWN UNSUBBER" expressed his or
>her opinions in PRIVATE E-MAIL to the moderator: they were never
>intended for public distribution.  If you "don't like reading opinions
>like theirs," console yourself that you were never meant to.

True, but at the same time my view was more like "Don't sit infront of your
computer and pity yourself 'cos nobody is writing stuff that you want to read.
_Make_ the other subscribers to do it by writing some yourself."
I can't see anything wrong with that.
As I'm living in Sweden I'm sick and tired of everybody complaing "blah blah
have nothing to do, no job, no school,nothing blah blah blah and the politicians
are all fucked up... blah blah and I'm always out of money... blah blah... and
the cigarettes are too expensive blah blah"

I often want people like that to shut the f**k up (oops sorry!) 'cos
they don't vote (hey, I hope I'm not generalizing too much now) and they
never try to make a difference in any other way either.
Both in real life and on a mailinglist like this, you have the possibility
to affect other people and, their actings and their point of view in many
different ways... maybe that's just what the UU have done but I'm very sceptical
if they really choosed a wise to do it.
Writing to moderator like that and then leave (as I understand immediately)
before they can see if their wills and thoughts has generated a fruitful
discussion or not irritates me a lot.
No matter if I was intended to see the mail or not.

          with lots of strange grammar and typos as usual
                        mvh -Daniel

[snip!]

"Vadå jultraditioner? Hos oss har vi nya traditioner varje år" (CG)

Daniel Wikdahl
Kaptensgatan 2a
S-39 236 KALMAR
SWEDEN