OFF: Mournblade

Alun Hughes a.hughes at NEWI.AC.UK
Tue Aug 12 08:03:24 EDT 1997

Just a gentle health warning here. Anyone browsing the online CD
stores coming across _Mournblade_, by Mournblade, might be forgiven
for thinking that this was a well-merited rerelease of Dunken
Mullett & Co's stuff like _Time's Running Out_ and - well, not much
else really; or even new stuff ...

Well it isn't. It's two American blokes in a German studio trying to
sound like a band. The music is flat, generic, *very boring* metal,
the lyrics are sadly and cringe-makingly earnest (and reproduced
in full), and the packaging is as naff as you'll see. But if you
ordered it online, you *wouldn't* see it, would you?

It's on Cream records, distributed by Rough Trade (it's at home so
I don't have the numbers or anything). Don't be caught!

(Yes, I bought it. I was suspicious all along, but I thought, what the
heck, it's only money.)

Alun