OFF : The Verve

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Fri Aug 15 12:39:39 EDT 1997

Really sorry for being so utterly irredeemably OFF but as you're me pals
and it's a bit quiet, I had to say I saw The Verve at the Hammersmith
Palais last night and they were totally fucking amazing. Really.
Loudest gig i've seen since Motorhead/Bomber tour, if not ever.
Best gig I've been to since Hawkwind/Stonehenge '84, IF NOT EVER!
(and after 500/600 gigs I do not say this lightly)

After a few gigs by highly touted acts where I've been thinking "what am
I doing here?" these guys totally restored my faith in blistering
rocking out!!! My neck hurts and my ears are still ringing. Brilliant!!

(The new single's a bit duff tho'!)
--
Jon Browne
ObCondition - tintanitis