top ten psych lps... and then some rediscovered Mercury Rev!

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Mon Dec 1 04:49:59 EST 1997

In article <34804fcc.22624598 at post.demon.co.uk>, Steve Pond
<Steve at DOREMI.DEMON.CO.UK> writes
>You can thank Barney Bubbles for all the covers on "Ersatz" the whole
>concept of "The Imperial Pompadours" was his, he chose the songs,
>designed the sleeve (obviously) and released the record.

I wish I'd met the guy. He was a fuckin' genius. Jamie Reid gets an
enormous amount of credit for his "punk design" work i.e. The "Never
Mind The Bollocks" cover, but look at the amount Barney did. Everything
on Stiff, Hall Of The Mountaian Grill, they even used his stuff for 1999
Party. I wonder if there's a Barney website...........
--
Jon Browne