OFF: Snow, metric propaganda! :-)

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Thu Dec 4 14:53:31 EST 1997

On tor 4 dec 1997 18.13 +0000 bart <bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK> wrote:
>>      I'll never learn to understand metric temperatures--especially
since
>> people living in East Anglia seem to have a different understanding
about
>> what "hot" and "cold" seem to mean than people did where I grew up :)
>
> Oi, You calling us locals jessies or what ? :)

     No, but I can if you think it would help :)

     Here, I think the winters are warmish (offset by totally uninsulated
buildings ;) and the summers are cool.

     I dare say Eskimos would be unimpressed by Boston winters, and
likewise Amazonian tribes by Boston summers :)

--
Carl Edlund Anderson
Dept. of Anglo-Saxon, Norse, & Celtic
mailto:cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk