OFF: Truth (oh no) and Shock Rock

Guido Vacano gvacano at BEAVER.MBB.WESLEYAN.EDU
Fri Dec 5 21:53:39 EST 1997

Damon says--

> On Fri, 5 Dec 1997 09:33:03 -0500 Chip Hart <chip at PCC.COM> wrote:
>
> >Ron:
> >> mozart? i dont know jack about mozart, nor do i care.
> >
> >        So, blow it off as an example?  In fact, it makes the best
> >        example to some degree.
> >        There were RIOTS before and, particularly, after his
> >        performances.  They were considering SHOCKING.
>
> Er, aren't you referring to Stravinsky?  I don't remember anything
> about riots at Mozart concerts.

I've never heard anything about riots incited by the music of Mozart OR
Stravinsky, but then about the only biographical information I've absorbed
regarding the "older" composers is all about J.S. Bach. :-)

> Chip, you sound way too pissed off.  Most of what you've written in
> the past week or so comes across as flaming.  The more restraint you
> use = the more people will be likely to listen/read.

That may be true, but since I am in full agreement with Chip (and Theo for
that matter), I think I understand how he feels. I'd sound pissed off too,
if I wasn't trying to avoid feeding this thread. Hopefully, I'm not adding
fuel to the flames now. :-)

Guido (who is dogmatically against dogmatism :-) )

obCDplayer--_Seed_ by Jansen/Barbieri/Karn

--
If nothing is done, then all will be well.  -- Lao Tse