BOC: Media, comedia, remasteroni, and Wheel Ltd.

bolts of ungodly vision scruto19 at POTSDAM.EDU
Thu Dec 11 17:00:53 EST 1997

>Jason,
>It was hard to pick up a Creem magazine in the old days without
>finding a story on BOC.
I would imagine they'd stop when the article were like "7 screaming tooth
brushes: the dental habits of American metal heroes"

>Rolling stone didn't like them much after
>the first couple albums, but indeed raved about them early on.
As well they should. As we all should for that matter. heehee
>Curiously, Buck was pretty well ignored by Guitar Player, no cover
>stories, and only one small interview that I know of.  I have it
In Arthur Levy's liner notes to the _Career of Evil_ compilation, he said that
Mr. Dharma received honors in 10 ten pyrotechnic polls way back...\

>somewhere, it was right after ST.  I have a bunch of old Creem
>magazines, some with excellent stories, including:  "Blue Oyster Cult
>is God."  Can't argue with that!  I'll try to find them, but don't
>hold your breath [Brian, Christian, Manuel, please be gentle!]
I think this article title alone solves the mystery we've all been
wondering about.  Evidence: 1. "BOC is God" 2. BOC are demon lords from
beyond in The Defenders comic book storylines.  Conclusion? BOC has the
power to change itself, to take many roles in the movment of history (and
LPs) -Yes, that's right- BOC is...Immaginos!! Now we can all go home and
drink a good cup of tea :)

>I know I speak for us all in saying that I'm going to miss you r
>posts, Jason.  You're a righteous dude.  BTW, you going to tBS gig in
>Ithaca?

On behalf of all of me, I thank you greatly for said complement and for
putting up with my witty BOC banter for...4 years? Zowee!  To think of all
the cool stuff I've learned about the Oyster boys and that other
band....Hawkwind, is it?
(evil "Black Blade" cackle inserted here).

Seriously though, what is the record company daring enough to actually let _EW_
see "the cold grey light of dawn" (in a hopefully diminutive period of
waiting)?
Who is doing the artwork and all that? where did they record it? Who is
producing --please don't say the S word (No, I don't mean Swann. Things
might be his fault, but S****ck is a far more blameable soul BOC-wise.
Sorry Steve).
Are there going to be any different mixes of BOC tunes on _AoF_ gold a la
some of the Who's masterdisk releases?  How well did the WotT compilation
and the "1st 3" box set sell?  One last question....

Can you get Rossignol's book at the library somewhere? (sorry, I couldn't
help it)

one week (aka 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 days days days days days days days) to go,
Jason