HW:Hawkwind/Lemmy/Rush/Nik Turner

Cliff and Pam Wheaton cwheaton at TRANSWESTTAXI.COM
Sun Dec 14 05:14:10 EST 1997

John Majka wrote:

By the way, Rush are, according to

> >rumours, preparing a live album from the last tour but will include a full
> >version of Cygnus X-1 recorded in London 1979, now that's what I call
> >promising.
> I'd love to see that!!!.
> Rush opened for Hawkwind during Rush's "Caress of Steel" tour, otherwise
> known as their "down the tubes" tour because show attendance was so low and
> reviews of the new album were so unfavorable.  I'm not sure how many shows
> that included, or where, but it was in 1975.  It is my understanding that
> there are no existing bootlegs of this infamous Rush tour.  If anyone has
> one, I'd be interested in hearing it!

Me too!!! Me Too!!!! NOW!!

> It's cool about Rush including an old
> live recording.  Like Hawkwind, I'd like to see Rush put out some vintage
> live shows.

Agreed here as well!

>   Plus Rush does those godawful medleys live instead
> of playing complete songs.

really-and I'm a die-hard Rush Fanatic!!Rock on!
Pam

OBSELF-backpatting-Happy Birthday to me!!!

--
      Pam Wheaton           Cliff Wheaton
  ____/----^----\____     The greatest tool