HW:Hawkwind/Lemmy/Rush/Nik Turner

Kenneth Magnusson bishop.garden at FALKOPING.MAIL.TELIA.COM
Sun Dec 14 18:29:28 EST 1997

John Majka:

>Rush opened for Hawkwind during Rush's "Caress of Steel" tour, otherwise
>known as their "down the tubes" tour because show attendance was so low and
>reviews of the new album were so unfavorable.  I'm not sure how many shows
>that included, or where, but it was in 1975.  It is my understanding that
>there are no existing bootlegs of this infamous Rush tour.  If anyone has
>one, I'd be interested in hearing it!  It's cool about Rush including an old
>live recording.  Like Hawkwind, I'd like to see Rush put out some vintage
>live shows.  The Rush from recent years is definitely not very interesting
>at all.  On the other hand, live Rush isn't terribly exciting either, since
>they basically play their tunes note-for-note.  Hawkwind live shows, on the
>other hand, have some degree of improvisation and variety from night to
>night and year to year.  Plus Rush does those godawful medleys live instead
>of playing complete songs.  I wish Rush could get back on course and write
>good music once again.  The same goes for Tangerine Dream.

 Oh, I thought it was in 1974, I get that impression in the book 'Visions',
I asked Nik about it, he's a very nice and pleasant person, but Goddamit, I
nearly killed him when he stated "Yes, I remember them, nice people, some
kind of AOR", AOR!!! Sometimes I understand why Dave Brock having a hard
time with Nik...AOR!!!

 The nice thing about Rush is that they on the last tour stopped doing this
medley stuff, they even did full versions of 2112 and Natural Science, I
didn't suffer that much by the medley thing but when they changed from
Xanadu to Superconductor, well what can I say, that was another time I
nearly murdered living legends.

 Alex Lifeson did an album called Victor which fullfilled the promises made
by Counterparts, it's sensational, dark and brooding, there is one song
which is sunged by Lisa DalBello and she does a more than perfect imitation
of Geddy Lee a la 1975...I do not usually wet my pants...

> Nik Turner
> Pencraig Uchs
> Cwmbach
> Whitland
> Dysed SA34 0DT
> Wales

Shouldn't that be "Dyfed?"

Hm, I don't know, I have always thought Dyfed, but the adress in European
Space Ritual '94 programme says Dysed, so who knows ?

Kenneth

Bishop Garden Records
Box 747
521 22 Falkoping
SWEDEN
Tel +46 (0)515 823 08
bishop.garden at falkoping.mail.telia.com

The Moor
http://www3.tripnet.se/~hmm/moor/

The Moor Tour Info
http://www.thing.de/projekte/future/themoor.htm

This message was transmitted from a MicroSoft-free device.