HW:Hawkwind/Lemmy/Rush/Nik Turner

cannibal at CUTEY.COM cannibal at CUTEY.COM
Sun Dec 14 18:47:33 EST 1997

At 00:29 15.12.97 +0100, you wrote:
> Oh, I thought it was in 1974, I get that impression in the book 'Visions',
>I asked Nik about it, he's a very nice and pleasant person, but Goddamit, I
>nearly killed him when he stated "Yes, I remember them, nice people, some
>kind of AOR", AOR!!! Sometimes I understand why Dave Brock having a hard
>time with Nik...AOR!!!

hehe... I kinda agree actually :)
The spacey sounds that open 2112 is
the only Rush I've heard so far that
I ever liked!

Whenever i would crank up Hawkwind's Electric
Tepee in USA at a party or something somebody
would always remark the "mwwaaauuww" synth
bit at the start of LSD sounded like Tom Sawyer
- and then for the next 8 minutes their mind
would melt!

I don't think I've ever known anyone outside
US who's even heard about Rush...? Have they
ever toured here?

Christian