OFF: Gigs to be rated?

Tue Dec 16 07:15:25 EST 1997

 From:          Horse Whisperer <beautiful_foot at HOTMAIL.COM>

> >Frankly, I want to know if what I'm about to see might offend me.
> >
> >Sorry once again to contribute to this off-topic stuff, but some
> >people can
> >be so selfish.  Is it really that big a deal to people?
>
> Do you want someone to hold your hand and cover your eyes?  Do you want
> someone else to guide you through life?  Do you want advice or do you
> want all the answers for the day suppplied every morning through the
> mail or on the TV?
> Get a real life, make your own decisions and your own mistakes.  Because
> I think I would like to be _free_ to make mine.

Absolutely!  I don't need no stinking government to tell me what is
offensive.  I can make up my own mind, thank you.  All we need is
more government intervention and bureaucracy to drive up the costs of
concerts...

> Do you remember the saying "It's the little things in life..."?
> The point is that if you start giving up little bits of choice, that
> freedom of choice continues to be eroded.  It's a slow process, but it
> will happen if we keep capitulating.
> "If you settle for nothing now, you'll settle for nothing later."

Yes! Yes! Yes!

> The government and the "God-fearing" pressure groups have no right to
> tell anyone else how to live their lives or how to feel about things.
> If you don't like something, avoid it - don't rob others of their choice
> to discover their own likes or dislikes.
>
> Chris.

Remember how prohibition got passed?  A bunch of religious nuts
convinced the government that the people wanted it, when nobody
wanted it at all.  But they were vocal enough to get it pushed
through.  Probably only 20 percent of the population [at most] wanted
it, but they were able to take advantage of the political process to
get their own agenda passed.  The rest of the people allowed it to
happen.  We can't sit by and watch, or the supposed moral majority
will make all our decisions for us...

theo

"I told you not to be stupid..."
--Ben S.