OFF: Gigs to be rated?

Damon C Capehart monsieur at MYMAIL.NET
Wed Dec 17 00:29:13 EST 1997

Horse Whisperer writes:
>Is it because they [politicians] are largely funded by these
>Christian/Family Fundamendalists who have big mouths, big
>opinions and big wallets? Power corrupts, but money corrupts even
>the power itself.

Your final statement is correct, and agrees with Christian doctrine:
"Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a snare and many
foolish and harmful desires which plunge men into ruin and destruction.  For
THE LOVE OF MONEY IS A ROOT OF ALL SORTS OF EVIL, and some by longing for it
have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many
riefs."  - 1st Timothy 6:9-10 (New Amer. Standard, emphasis mine).

Your offense toward many of these Christians is well-placed, to an extent.
On the other hand, your offense toward all Christians based on your
assessment of these vocal few (Few by your [and Theo's] own writings) is
not, and likewise your apparent assessment of Christianity itself.

Damon

P.S.:  In other words, as I've said before, people like Splat Buchanan
offend me about as much as he does you.