BOC Reformation NEWS

Brian Frenck raider at PIPELINE.COM
Sat Dec 20 19:01:32 EST 1997

At 12:50 PM 12/20/97 PST, you wrote:
>Did anyone see Kerrang??

No.

>The Blue Oyster Cult reformed with a new megabucks record deal?

Reformed as in the original lineup or reform as in the badn that's been
going on tour for the past couple years?

>If we BOC-Ler's haven't heard, I understand, contractual reasons et al.,
>but if it's a load of bullshit, I'd like to hear it from the horse's
>mouth.
>I don't like the press rubbishing our icons by printing spurious
>stories.

Well i'd have to hear more information before I can judge.  It's no secret
that BOC has been looking for a good record contract for quite a while.
(that's one of the main reasons Ezekiels Wheel hasn't been released yet.)
If Kerrang is saying it's the original lineup, I'd be VERY hesitant to
believe it as both of the Bouchard brothers have other gigs going now, both
of which have said that the likelihood of a reunion is EXTREMELY slim.  And
seeing how Al has said that Brain Surgeons is much more happening than BOC,
I don't know if he'd go back (also seeing how he was booted from the band,
then got screwed over in the Imaginos deal.)

Did Kerrang give any specifics on the record company or anything like that?
 If ya could, can ya print out the article?