BOC Reformation NEWS

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Mon Dec 22 09:48:15 EST 1997

>Did anyone see Kerrang??

Nope.  Do they have a website?

>The Blue Oyster Cult reformed with a new megabucks record deal?

Howls.  Yeah right.  Al is tBS, Joe is doing his thing and Allan, Eric,
and Buck are still on the road under the BOC flag.  What reformation?

>If we BOC-Ler's haven't heard, I understand, contractual reasons et al.,
but if it's a load of bullshit, I'd like to hear it from the horse's
mouth.

Unless Eric or Buck were saying this directly its likely to be bullshit.
 Any news on the chat lines to verify any of this?

>I don't like the press rubbishing our icons by printing spurious
stories.

Agreed.  But maybe they do have some industry insider information that
supports the story.  Really if this is a european mag maybe there is a
logical explanation.  Perhaps they were unaware that BOC has continued
to tour the "gin joint" circuit throughout the US for many years now.
Plausible, since the band rarely appears in Europe anymore and I doubt
that "Summer Wheeze" would get heavy hype in Europe.  As for a
"megabucks" deal thats HIGHLY unlikely.  EW is done for the most part
but a mega deal wouldn't be based on a single effort, they'd have to
convince a company that there was more in the old gas tank and it (other
material) has a decent chance of making good numbers (read $dollars).

>Chris.

Have to take a look to see if I can find this mag.  Is this the latest
issue Chris?

lil ab

OBCD - Devil in the Details, Saigon Kick

"I saw the future dressed as a stranger, love in a space-dye vest" -
Dream Theater