Rush fans on BOC-L

Ian R Fines ianfines at JUNO.COM
Tue Feb 4 22:26:15 EST 1997

On Wed, 5 Feb 1997 02:52:44 +0100 "Alex S. Garcia" <artefact at IMAGINET.FR>
writes:
>>Even though I'm a
>>huge HW fan, I must admit that many of the fans (of both bands at
>BOC-l)seem
>>like stuck-in-the-mud types with musical interests that ceased
>growing
>>approximately 20 years ago.
>>I mean there have been an awful lot of great
>>bands from every time period, and I guess I just get a little upset
>>sometimes with the narrowness of some people's tastes.  Does anybody
>on this
>>list buy music by relatively "new" bands which aren't related to HW
>or BOC?
>>I sometimes wonder.
>
>Whoooooaaaaaaaah ! You're not afraid of getting flamed, are you ?
>Oh boy, I think there's a war coming :-o
I don't buy much new music at all, and whatever "new" music I buy is
bands that base their music upon music from the late 60's and 70's.  Did
you get that?  Anyway, although HW is my favorite band, I was a BOC fan
before I stumbled upon the Hawks.  My other musical interests include
Amon Duul 2, Gong, Ash Ra Tempel, Faust, PF, Deviants, MC5, Stooges,
Magma, Guru Guru, Man, etc......as well as the "progressive" giants: Yes,
ELP, KC, Gentle Giant, The Nice, etc.
Is that eclectic and progressive enough (: