BOC: Article in Seconds Magazine

Wed Feb 5 16:17:18 EST 1997

> I have this feeling that most people have negative feelings about this album
because it wasn't the original lineup.  Just my opinion though...

Well, that might be an influence on some, but I don't think that's a
major reason (unless of course you look at the fact that because the
original lineup didn't do it, there was less strong material to draw
from).  Among other reasons, it was basically looked at as BOC trying
to "sell out" with a more pop-oriented record (as they did with Mirrors,
although most like that better than Club Ninja) - I quoted Eric from
the interview because I thought it was fairly apt - BOC "stepped on
their dicks" when they tried to go a more mainstream route.

John