OFF: Rush fans on this discussion list

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Wed Feb 5 18:42:39 EST 1997

>Someone else wrote:
>> >OH and I first saw Ron Tree on VH-1 and thought he's fine. When I
>
>To which Ian Fines replied:
>> You saw Ron on VH1?  I can't see Ron as fitting in with adult
>> contemporary...
>
>I think he means British VH-1, which is substantially different from the
>Yank version of VH-1.  Would any of you who have spent considerable time
>in both the UK and the US care to compare and contrast the two stations?
>Remember to use "5-paragraph form". :-)

About all I can say is to quote from an old top ten list on David Letterman.  It
was from the day after the Minnesota Twins turned two triple plays in one
game (a feat which had never been accomplished before in the history
of baseball), and was something like top then things with a greater statistical
improbability than the Twins (a last place team at the time) doing this.
About halfway down the list was:

Someone watching VH-1 for half an hour without seeing Phil Collins.

The top entry was:

Someone watching VH-1 for half an hour.

=======

Someone told me they'd gotten better since then, but I'd have no idea.

Roger Shrubstaff               "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random

Baron of Silverwater, Kingdom of the Burning Lands (Amtgard)
http://www.magg.net/~mordru/silver.htm
(Andrew A. Apold)