HW: Xenon Codex, Alien 4 etc.

langner timothy 96163497 at BROOKES.AC.UK
Tue Feb 11 15:25:22 EST 1997

William said:

>although I wouldn't say Xenomorph was a bad song. It's just not one you would
> really think of if you were compiling a collection of classicsongs.
>I also rather liked "It is the Business..." for the same reasons. I even
>liked "White Zone". About the only albums that are low on my list, are things
>like "Text of Festival" & "Bring me the Head of Uri Gagarin", but that's more
>for the sound quality than anything else. Those albums would be perfect
>choices to remaster if there was decent recordings of them around.

Hi

I'd put Xenomorph on a classicsongs collection. I just loved the way it starts
(even better on the live vdieo with Ron talking at start). I also love the
keybroad bit inthe middle but don't like it when ron tlaks over it live. Good
but I also like to hear the keyboards alone There again I do like Status quo
and bands like that so they probably influence my ideas. However having said
that, there are so many other songs it probably wouldn't future but I would
put it on more than others like Wastelands. I also like In the brining (part
one of text of festival). Masters of the universe is very good espally the
talking in the middle. However I shouldn't do that has much saxophone in one
tone. OH and Hurry on asundown is good to. AS for Bring me the..... It has a
great version of urban gorilla, intro is good. But the sound quality is awful.
The only good thing about Urban gorilla is the layout of it and Bob calvert
holding on the notes at one point (expect i sounds awful but would have been
good). As for sonic attack, I can't fault it since it sounds similar to the
original 72 version. But the sound quality is bad.

Does It's the business of the future.... CD contain the same tracks as the
record? Just john said something about part 2. I personally like every song on
that album on it';s own but collectively there's to much of the instrumental
and it get boring after hearing it all. (it also took a live bootleg to get me
to like Space is their (Palestine)). I certainly like hawkwind doing old songs
again, shame other bands don't do it. But what I find hard to work out is, how
do they decided what tunes to redo on the album and what to redo live on the
same tour? I'd love it if they redid shouldn't do that is Nik turner as gust
and then him and Ron could sing it between them. I really like Ron vocals and
loved the studio version of Am I losing my mind espect for the very end where
he made an awful noise. If they had left his voice out there. It would have be
very good.

Timothy  Fintan  Langner
96163497 at Brookes.ac.uk
timlang at hotmail.com

"Any nosie is music, wether you like it or not is another matter!" (Timmy)
*Oxygen 107.9 - starst 14th feb. Palying all best music and talk to OXFORD*