OFF: Kerry Livgren -Reply

Brad M. Lauchnor blauchno at DEQ.STATE.UT.US
Wed Feb 12 11:39:51 EST 1997

>>> Jerry <stayer at PI.NET> 02/12/97 12:03am >>>

Don't know if you mean me or Guizar, but I'm a Kansas fan, yes.
Kansas up to the point where Livgren left. Livgren's first solo
album, Seeds Of Change, is a brilliant album, especially Mask Of
The Great Receiver, sung by Ronnie James Dio. After that he was
in a band called AD (AOR, simpler rock). And his Christianity was
clear when he was still playing with Kansas, btw. His lyrics were
less cryptic on his solo albums and on the AD albums, though.

I've got that solo album "Seeds of Change" at home. Under the
stacks of other vinyl and dust, pretty good album. The Dio song
is "mask of the great Deceiver" not Receiver :) Can't think of the
other song. Something with "King" in the title, I'm sure...

Brad L.  blauchno at deq.state.ut.us