Subject: No BOC Album

BREVARD Adrian R. ABrevard at SHL.COM
Tue Jan 14 13:41:00 EST 1997

>But getting back to BOC, surely it's their own fault they've not made an
>album since roughly the Cretaceous Period?  You can't blame it on "industry
>moguls" when every other seventies act in town is making comeback albums, and
when
>Kiss are one of the top-selling acts around.

Andy

>Agreed.  Look at Motorhead or Sabbath.  Maybe they aren't selling out
>football stadiums, but they still manage to get records made around
>once a year.  BTW, why didn't BOC try to get on with Motorhead's
>label, CMC, isn't it?  They specialize in resurrecting hard-luck rock
>bands.  I agree that the responsibility rests with BOC as far as
>getting new material out.  Maybe their management has its head up its
>collective ass?  Anyone know the whys and wherefores of this one?
theo

Yeah but what side of the pond is CMC on?  Folks in order to get a
record deal there has to be someone on the other side of the table who
thinks there is an opportunity to make money.  What could 3OC possibly
bring to the table to convince a label that there was an opportunity to
make money?  You play small dives in Idaho, you haven't  had a gold
record this century, people still respond who? when your name is
mentioned.  C'mon folks putting out records is not that easy especially
if you have no interest in doing all the work yourself.  Do you really
think Kiss would make that kind of money without a huge advertisement
budget?  Do you think Paul, Gene Ace and Peter pulled the cost of the
special F/X out of their savings account?  No way they had investors
convinced they would realize a decent return on their investment.  BOC
has never had strong industry backing.  Their own label during their
heydays was luke warm about them.  The numbers speak for themselves
20,000 new releases and less than 1/2 of 1% broke even.  Just what side
of that equation do you think BOC would be on?  Its not the 70's for
this band anymore.

I'm not going to hold it against them for not doing an album a year like
Rush or Sabbath. But think of this, would you be happy if they were
putting out an album a year and the commparative quality was such that
you believed Club Ninja was awesome?  [NOTE:  No Club Ninja debates
please]

Craig: Thanks for the "it'll never work" explanation.  Now get busy bud
and make it happen.  You have the tools and the talent. 8^).

lil ab

T-man don't be mad but I ahd to borrow this one

"A year in the hole, had taken its toll,
 when I took a good look at me.
 And what a surprise, the scope of my eyes,
 could only see black....."