BOC: Motivation and Albums

BREVARD Adrian R. ABrevard at SHL.COM
Wed Jan 15 10:32:00 EST 1997

>John,
>There is at least one more possibility. They don't care. Maybe
>Buck, Eric, and Allen are happy playing bars and making a living
>doing it. I know that sounds kind of crazy but how else can you
>explain the last, oh say, 10-13 years?

>Brad L.   blauchno at deq.state.ut.us

Earning a living I guess. $5k a show with litle overhead could make one
comfortable if they were wise with the money and willing to work the
horrible hours.

Brad>-Maybe some innovative writing and a strong desire to continue in
the industry. That might get them somewhere with their past. And
maybe not, but they haven't even written any new material!(ok, a
couple of songs, but not much over the years...)  And I don't
believe that they have aggressively sought to put out a new
album either.-

Well the creative spark that existed with the original members vanished
a long time ago.  Thats some chemistry we may never see in any band
again.

Brad>-This seems to support the theory that they just don't care that
much about putting out a new album. I know that since I joined
this list Al has put out 3 albums. Not because he has major label
backing, or because of a huge investment by a record company,
but because he wants too. And  he must care about it, and it's
obviously important to him.-

Absolutely no argument there. It could be done if you have the desire,
vision and drive to do it.  Al obviously does.

> >What could 3OC possibly bring to the table to convince a label
> >that there was an opportunity to make money?

Ken>-Obviously they need to go techno.  :-)-

HOWLS!  What the hey why not put the "Blue" in BOC and become a Doors
cover band.

John>-Well, I do think the band is reasonably happy playing the way they
do these days, but as far as a new album goes, they've been hinting
at one for years -- which does make me assume that they have at least
some desire to put out a new album.  And, if they don't, then they
should just stop making promises that they have no intentions of
keeping.-

Carl>-Bite away.  The "current" BOC album deal has indeed fallen
through.
If I recall aright they recorded only 7 songs and the label told them to
piss off ...-
        Figures ...

First to John - You wear glasses?  I never imagined.  Carl did this come
from the AOL chat last night? Was there a "spin doctor" explanation?
Truly disheartening.  I won+t even ask if there was a plausible
explanation offered by Eric during the chat.  Maybe his current
condition had something to do with it.

Anyhow here are three good things about BOC -

1.  They play in places where you can smell their breath and drink brews
with them afterwards.

2.  By continuing to play Buck keeps his skills sharp for the inevitable
day where he goes his own way and becomes the comeback story of the year
in the Rock.

3.  They continue to lead all bands, with discussion groups on the
internet, in fan speculation.

L8er
lil ab

Five in the player