BOC: Give 'em a break?

Ted Jackson jr. EL84 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Fri Jan 17 09:59:48 EST 1997

>> From:          John A Swartz <jswartz at MBUNIX.MITRE.ORG>

> I've heard these claims about BOC-L being not the fawning fans that we
> think AOL folks are, and after spending some time on AOL, I think it is
> true that the AOL folks tend to be more positive.  Sure, Eric and Buck
> being over there is part of the reason, but still, it isn't exactly
> the "fawning" that some have claimed it to be.  There are some very
> insightful BOC fans on AOL.  And, which do you think is a better motivator
> for the band:  fans who bitch about what's wrong with BOC, or fans who
> praise the band for what they've done?  This is all not meant to start
> an "us vs. them" thing here (again).
>
> John
Another thing that adds fuel to the fire is the whole Al vs. EB&BD
thing.  This isn't fair either.  But I think we can agree that Al is
a lot more receptive to criticism, and that seems to give BOC-L folks
[I'm guilty] the impression that we're somehow more enlightened
because our grousing is more tolerated and even expected...
theo