HW: video list

Hawkwind Star_rats at HAWKWIND.COM
Mon Jan 20 00:03:34 EST 1997

Hi Bernhard,
                I think I've got one that isn't on your list that you might
like to know about. In 1982, Dave Brock made up a video from the first night
at Hammersmith on the Choose Your Masques tour. There were only 200 made of
this and it was sold directly from the Devon PO Box number that Kris used to
run.

I know that only 200 were made because Brock has written so on the label of
the video in a message to my brother (the man responsible for starting me
off on Hawkwind in the first place) who ordered the video and has it still
(although I taped the soundtrack when he wasn't looking:)

It's filmed from the back of the Odeon but the actual film quality is pretty
good, although you can't see much of the band due to the back lighting they
used on that tour. It is the whole show and has rehearsal footage tacked on
the fill up the 3 hour tape.

I can't remember the actual date, but I'm sure you have it down. I think
that it was the first night, but I can't be sure (the 21st rings a bell). I
can check up for your records.

Hope that adds to your list.

All the best,
        Dale