BOC-L Digest - 21 Jan 1997 to 22 Jan 1997

Ted Jackson jr. EL84 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Wed Jan 22 17:18:36 EST 1997

> From:          Ted Alger <talger at PIPELINE.COM>

> well, as far studio, you're right.....but I was basing my opinion on having just
> seen them in December and my experiences a few years ago.  I place alot of
> emphasis on live performance, and I still think BOC is one of the best live
> bands I've ever seen

Say, where'd you see them?  They only did two gigs in Dec. if I
recall correctly, and I saw them at Utica.  And you're right, they
absolutely leveled the place exc. for EB's incredible shrinking
vox...

> no, you didn't, but the impression I've gotten (maybe wrongly) is that some
> people on this list tend to ignore people that are new to this list, as theo
> commented, because they are " somehow more enlightened" (I know its not the
> exact context the comment was made in, but it fit) and I was a little annoyed
> because of the tone of some of the posts....again you didn't say that.
> my apologies, I was just venting again

I think what I said was that there was a perception on BOC-L that
maybe, because we're generally more critical, we somehow feel more
enlightened than the folks on AOL.  That was only a theory, and one I
don't nec. believe to be true.
As for the newer people on the list, I've only been on the list for a
year, I think, so I'm no oldtimer either.  And a lot of the biggest
contributors are people without too much time in BOC-L...

>> again, I was being a little defensive, but the negativity on this list sometimes just
> really gets my blood boiling.....especially with the "info" and comments that seem
> to have a real hurtfull tone.....like the one about "the record company hearing what
> they had and telling them to piss off".....gee, haven't heard that from anyone else...
> where'd it come from, and if he's such a fan, why does he sound so gleeful about it?
> rumors only make things worse, and stories about "I heard from so-and-so who heard
> from someone else that this happened" really don't make things any better.  I would

That wasn't from me, but ya know, if the record co. execs heard EB at
the gig I saw, I think they'd have legitimate doubts.  I think I
would, and the guys one of my all-time heroes!

theo