BOC-L Digest - 21 Jan 1997 to 22 Jan 1997

Alex S. Garcia artefact at IMAGINET.FR
Wed Jan 22 20:33:18 EST 1997

>the impression I've gotten (maybe wrongly) is that some
>people on this list tend to ignore people that are new to this list, as theo
>commented, because they are " somehow more enlightened" (I know its not the
>exact context the comment was made in, but it fit) and I was a little annoyed
>because of the tone of some of the posts....again you didn't say that.
>my apologies, I was just venting again

You know, I did notice this too... on SOME mailing-lists. Which doesn't mean
that it doesn't exist here, mind you, cause it probably does. But I find it
much less intense on BOC-L then on any other list I've been on. In the
whole, I've found most members of this list quite open and welcoming...
        And the funny thing is that, even though people HAVE been a bit
negative lately, this list is also the one I've found the most interesting
up to now. On most others, no matter how interesting the subjects, the
threads would generally come down to quality writing such as "that's good",
"no that's bad", "I tell you it's good !" followed by a flame war of some
sort ! Yuck. Here, people seem generally more reasonable, open to discussion
and actually manage saying pertinent things ;-)

>I don't even bother to post to the
>Queensryche group most of the time (and personally I LIKED _Promised Land_,
and I
>don't think they are disappearing up their own a**es...it's called progression)

... or progressive rock ? ;-) BTW, I too liked "Promised Land"... A LOT !

Alex S. Garcia.

Become a Patternwalker ! Visit Corwin's Pattern...
  http://members.tripod.com/~Mandor/
  (with links to the Icarus Encyclopedia, Artefact, Rock
  In Progress, Slash, Micronos and more to come...)