HW: EMI remasters?

Ron Jennings sprawl at STARLINX.COM
Wed Jul 9 21:07:18 EDT 1997

> Well, if we're going to talk about which one sent me into low earth
> orbit, that would have to be Doremi.  Doremi has always been the most
> "intense" of the early Hawkwind albums for me, and the remaster really
>
> brings out the *density* and the *attack* of the notes.  Those
> head-pounding chords at the beginning of Brainstorm, that absolutely
> savage bass-attack in the middle of Time We Left...  there's nothing
> like it.  And the remaster makes it sound like the band is THERE IN
> YOUR LIVING ROOM.  I swear, the music enhancement techniques they used
>
> are so amazing, that I would be willing to bet that the CD remaster
> sounds *better than the original studio master tape*.

well i think the reason i got goose bumps from ISOS, is that the track-
"shouldnt do that"is exemplary HW in my opinion. that song gets me
everytime i hear it. i get these mental
images of a hundred Astrix clones (remember Astrix and Obelix?) dancing
around a huge bonfire. i often end up bouncing around the room.
rj