HW: Moorcock & Comics

C Mumford cannibal at CUTEY.COM
Thu Jul 10 14:00:20 EDT 1997

>         i have to say i'm really disappointed with the current series,
>         mostly due to the artwork (elric has really wavy hair which
>         makes him look like he's having one bad hair day, no wonder he's
so
>         damn gloomy. also, anytime there's a far away shot of a character
>         eyes turn to dots and noses to little backward L's), looked back
>         at that first series from Pacific, which was much better...

I agree, Russell has gotten too minimal and stylized, the art isn't as
'fresh' as it used to be, and I don't like the computer coloring, it's not
organic enough. And what's up with the bangs and the perm? In fact, it's
like Elric as Joey Tempest in Tintin-land....

'nuff bitching and moaning from me....

Christian