BOC remasters?

Fri Jul 18 07:50:41 EDT 1997

>> From:          John A Swartz <jswartz at MBUNIX.MITRE.ORG>

> Bolle has told me that the catalog will definitely be remastered eventually.
> What he really knows about it I don't know -- but, perhaps he knows of
> definite PLANS to do this, but plans have a way of falling through.  He
> knew that Sony was planning a "BOC Box Set", and we got WOTT instead.  Now,
> Sony may very well intended to do a box set, and then scaled back the
> project.  Anyway, I hope the catalog would be remastered, and maybe add
> extra tracks that were recorded but not released, and maybe stuff like "I
> Love the Night" with all 3 verses (of course, I don't know exactly what

Did they include Wings of Mercury on the CN remaster?  I haven't seen
it yet, but I'd buy it to get that song just for completeness sake.
Not the greatest BOC tune, but as good as a lot of the stuff that DID
make CN...

> was originally recorded) and maybe some outtakes or something.  To me
> though, and Bolle and I disagree on this, I'd much rather have them
> release stuff that hasn't been released, rather than releasing remasters
> of stuff I've already got.

I agree, but I imagine I'd buy remasters anyway.  Personally, I think
it would be cool to hear such a project, though I think the
production on the early albums is pretty great, esp. given the time
frame in which they appeared, and the quality of other albums from
around that time...

theo