Days of the underground/talk to Michael Moorcock!

C Mumford cannibal at CUTEY.COM
Sat Jul 26 12:19:46 EDT 1997

> > questions about Moorccock's previous comics work feel free to ask me.
> > I got
> > tons 'o it... I'm a crazed collector...hihihihihi,,,,
> >

> Hi there
>
> Do you have much of his early comics material. I have quite a few issues
> of Boy's Own, which has Wrath of the Gods (by Moorcock) in it. Is his
> other work, such as Tarzan, hard to find?
>
> William

 You got me there :-)  the earliest Moorcock related comics work I have are
issues of International Times from '69 with the Jerry Cornelius strips, and
I have all his 70's and beyond comic stuff. I'm pretty sure the early work
you mention is  hard to find - we're talking late 50's, maybe 1960 right?
Most of that stuff was considered pretty disposable at the time... who were
the artists involved?? Is there a trace of Elric in his Tarzan :-)

BTW Do you know anything about Druillet's pirated Elric comic that came out
in the mid-late 60's? I know Moorcock took the publishers to court and won,
and thus had it withdrawn. If anyone has this or can make copies I'll trade
an arm and a leg!

Christian

---------

"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."

                                     - Julian Cope