HW: Black Sword

Thu Jun 12 10:02:43 EDT 1997

On ons 11 jun 1997 22.36 "Jeffrey Hoyt" <aa5543 at LCFN.ORG> wrote:
> I'm kinda new to the board, so this is my first time writing.  Just
> wonderin', are there any other 15 year olds on here?

     DAMN.  You win the prize.  I think I was close to the youngest for a
while, having joined the list when I was 20 (I think), but I've been
undercut a number of times since then.

> Like, compare Zarozina or Wastlands of Sleep to
> Angels of Death and Motorhead.  If you never knew of Hawkwind, you would
> probably never know there the same band at all.

     You have it right there.

> P.S.  If you would like, please post your five favorite Hawkwind albums
> so I can get a good idea of whats out there.  As of now, I'd say mine
> are (not in any order)
>
> Live Chronicles, Levitaion, Mighty Hawkwind Classics, Out and Intake and
> Quark, Strangeness and Charm

    Well, probably for me (not in any order): Space Ritual, Doremi, Hall of
the Mountain Grill, Palace Springs .... hmmm, I have trouble after that.
Perhaps Live Chronicles.  But there are a lot of individual tracks I like
on albums that I don't like the whole of necessarily.  I mean, I could play
"Mask of Morning" from _Electric Teepee_ all day without ever needing to
hear "Going to Hawaii" ;)

    Among my favorite tracks are certainly "Born to Go" from _SR_, "Time We
Left" from _Doremi_ (or _SR2_ :), "Assault&Battery/Golden Void" from
_Palace Springs_, and .... and .... and a bunch of others :)

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                           "So that's Terra.  Oohwee,
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             look out wenchlings, here
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    come the Hawklords."
Dept. of Anglo-Saxon Norse & Celtic, Cambridge     -Lord Lemmy (Hawkwind)