NIK:Sonic Attack 2001

Mike Ellis ellis at MCC.COM
Thu Jun 12 11:58:28 EDT 1997

> I haven't seen much discussion on this lately so I apologize if this is old
> news.  Has anyone gotten a a copy of Nik's SA 2001 yet?  And if so, what are
> your thoughts on it?

I saw it, was dubious about it being all duplicate tracks, but ended
up being sucked in by the seeming alternative mixes & YSDT rehearsal ...

Anyway, I did some quick comparisons last nite, this is what the tracks
seem to me to be (I've got several NT CD's - Prophets, Sphynx, NT Space Ritual
Live, Past or Future, Anubian Nights)

> Horus

This is definitely NOT Horus off of the Sphynx CD. No lyrics,
different sound ... don't know where this is from - unreleased ?

> Master Of The Universe
> Sonic Attack

same cuts as the Turner SR Live cd

> The Weighing Of Heart & Negative Confession (Travel Mix)

don't know why they say "Travel Mix" - sounds like the same
one off the Sphynx cd

> Anubian Light Destiny

This is NOT ALD. It is a live version of "Annubis".
I think from the "Past or Future" tour, in which case it's unreleased ?

> Opa-Loka

Again seems like from PorF tour, but a different version than the
"Opa-Loka 2000" on that CD - so unreleased as well ?

> You Shouldn't Do That (SR Rehearsal)
rehearsal fun. unreleased as far as I know.

> Grid Coordinate: Vorp One
same as on Anubian Lights

> Toth
same as on Sphynx

> Arc Of Ra
same as on AN

Anyone else tried to track down the cuts ?

-mike