HW: Blackheath

Mike Parkington Mike.Parkington at UUNET.PIPEX.COM
Thu Jun 12 12:40:42 EDT 1997

After going to the Blackheath gig I thought I would wait a while & digest
the comments & the experience before commenting.

Well, I really had a great time, It was fantastic to see Huw although
acoustic is not metier (IMHO) and having had the thread about Steppenwolf
over the preceding weeks it was a real buzz to hear it.

Having said what a good gig it was, and it certainly was! it has to be said
that the sound was crap.

I've not been to every HW gig by a long shot but those I have (with the
exception of the Junction) the sound has been really good, I could see Huw
playing with the band but couldn't hear him at all & what was that
horrendous buzzing noise we kept hearing? All in all though it was one to
remember, maybe next time I'll get to meet some of the list members??

I hear that HW are playing at the Corn Exchange later in the year, who's
going then?

I'll see you there Bob/Chris

Mike P.