HW: Blackheath

Jon Jarrett jaj20 at HERMES.CAM.AC.UK
Thu Jun 12 09:55:17 EDT 1997

On Mon, 9 Jun 1997, Dave Berry wrote:

> One question: who sang what?  Presumably Ron couldn't do much
> frontman work while also playing bass (which makes me glad I caught
> the LiS tour -- I enjoyed seeing his Wolfman and Secret Agent outfits).

        Sorry to take so long getting back to this - other things have
been clamouring for my attention and my mail has been piling up. Anyhow,
Ron still sang most of it, despite his bass restraining his antics rather
- a damn good Steppenwolf all the same, likewise Blue Skin and so on. Dave
sang all the ones he normally sings, and Jerry came in on backing too, as
of course I suppose did Richard, although you can see him so rarely it's
hard to tell. So, Ron is still definitely the front-man, although he let
Huw take front stage during the encores. Mind you, during Needle Gun they
were all over the place, both sonically and spatially... Yours,
                                                                Jazza

 |         Jon Jarrett, Pembroke College, Cambridge                     |
 |         (01223 327450)                 jaj20 at hermes.cam.ac.uk        |
 |"Find the microwave and you shall find the bison!" Clare Boothby(1997)|