cotbs

Max Wilcox s333271 at STUDENT.UQ.EDU.AU
Sat Jun 14 12:03:58 EDT 1997

Jon Browne wrote:

> In article <19970614005457384.AAA165 at vucqpqlj>, Ron Jennings
> <sprawl at STARLINX.COM> writes
> > there  are three entities who are
> >almost always present.
> >-the champion: elric, corum, hawkmoon, erekose, etc...
> >-the companion: moonglum, jhary-a-conel,wheldrake(?)...
> >-the black sword: stormbringer, needlegun, the jewel in the skull(?? or was
> >it the runestaff?)
>
> I make it four. there's also the consort, Ermizhad, Rhalina, Zarozinia
> etc.

        You could go on forever doing this but let me say that I think you
could also include almost every protagonist in (almost) all of his more
recent books, perhaps excepting Mother London, though it still deals
with exactly the same themes, ...every protagonist being an incarnation
of the champion. Pyat from the Between the Wars series certainly thinks
of himself as the champion, for example.
        My Moorcock web page is going up soon, by the way (plug plug), as soon
as I get the next two weeks' work out of the way and I find somewhere
other than my own server to host it. But it'll contain LOTS of
considerations of things such as this, and many more topics. Errr... yes
sorry to have lapsed into advertising mode, but there you go...

- Max Wilcox