HW: Hawkwind covers of other artists (Forward)

langner timothy 96163497 at BROOKES.AC.UK
Mon Jun 23 16:43:06 EDT 1997

William said:
>According to HawkFan no. 10 There was a John Peel recording session
>early 1969, which included "Bring it on Home" (that session would make
>for a great release!!!).

That would be good. I really into the blues and I love Dave doing Dealing with
the devil which is a bounse since I didn't expect to hear him playing the
blues.

Oh according to Paul Jones, (of Manfred Man fame), Sonny Boyd Willimson once
said 'Those white boy's want to play the blues so bad and that's how they
played". Although Paul was refering to the line up with him, was Sonny
refering to the line up which included exerlent Brooke?

>The original version was apparantly recorded at
>the Royal Albert Hall in 1968, and released on "The Buskers", which was
>the recording of that event.

How muhc is this record worth? and is it easy to get hold of?

>Hope that little bit of info is useful.

Very useful!

Timmy Langner