Tool, was Re: OFF: earplugs

bart bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK
Mon Mar 10 04:32:03 EST 1997

> At Tool in London last month, my only complaint was that they weren't loud
> enough...

Indeed, I almost always wear plugs for a gig, but dipensed with mine after
about the 2nd song. But unlike Andy, I'm not complaining :-)

Actually I never completed or posted a review of that night. Great concert -
Maynard James Keenan (resplendent in head to toe blue paint with red
flourescent spots) came across as being well out off his head.

The setlist was something like:

Third Eye / Stinkfist / Eulogy / Forty-Six & 2 / Crawl Away /
Pushit / Sober / Opiate /  Aenema

Somewhere in there they might have played H or Jimmy too, I can't be sure.
During the lengthy Pushit, the singer from Lodestar (support) came out and did
a spoken word piece which might have been the Rollins section from Bottom, but
the mix was way down to hear very well.

ObGigEvent: Some stagediver getting sat on by MJK through the whole of Pushit
ObGigAttire: MJK's boxer shorts with a Tool logo print

I would definitely recommend you check em out if they come your way.

Tim