HW: News from Dave

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Thu Mar 13 12:55:39 EST 1997

Dave Brock speaking through Paul G Ward writes:

> Hot Press!!!!!!!
> Alan Davey Has Left Hawkwind to form his own band.

hooo boy.   That sounds definite!

> Ron Tree is now the Hawkwind bass player

Does anyone know whether Ron Tree played bass while he was in his
previous band?  I wonder how he'll tie it in with his stage
presentation - difficult to have a stage act with a costume and all
while carrying a bass guitar around the place.

> Jerry Richards is now the lead guitarist+keyboard player.

In other words Hawkwind have re-formed.

> Hawkwind are now busy recording anew album.

details... details.... concept album?   Misc tracks by all and sundry?

> New Dave Brock solo album out on the 1st of June.
> Astounding Sounds live album out 1st of May, including many unreleased
> tracks.

Aargh!  Why do they keep using the same album names... or maybe it *is*
Astounding Sounds just with extra tracks.

> We are getting a web page together, which should appear soon. It will be
> called Hawkwind Mission Control.

This is your captain speaking.  Cyberspace starts here......

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk