Queens of Deliria & Bootlegs

Bryan Young blyoung at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 18 19:50:31 EST 1997

>Firstly, Bryan wrote:
>>One thing in particular, though:  They listed in their catalogue
>>the SF book _Queens of Deliria_ but the price seemed too high.  I've
>>got the first in the series _Time of the Hawklords_ (which is not
>>that good, really), and I do want to get the next one anyways.

>Foget it, it's utter drivel - did MM actually write a word of this (does
>anybody know), or has it just got his name on the front.  I have just about
>every book he's written, & the two "Hawklords" books make Club Ninja seem like
>Secret treaties (to micx metaphors & list sections) - Bryan: if you are really
>desperate & in the UK, I'll mail you mine
>
>ChrisW

Thanks but I am in Canada.  I was being kind to the first
novel when I said it was really not very good.  I seem to
recall Butterworth's name somewhere in a SF anthology of short
stories in the early 70's, so I hope he didn't save his worst
efforts for the Hawkwind titles.

I agree with you that Moorcock wasn't really involved in the
novel.  I read an interview somewhere where he disavowed having
anything to do with it other than some general advisory duties.

So, it would appear the job is open.  Do you think the Hawkwind
legend is waiting for another try by another author?  The Star
Trek novels are going like mad over here, and I can't go into a
bookstore to look for SF without having to look past 5 or 6 shelves
of Star Trek junk.

I'm really just kidding about writing a Hawkwind novel, but I am
positive any one of us could match Butterworth's efforts.

Bryan

Bryan Young

              <blyoung at hotmail.com>
or           <youngfarms at bigfoot.com>